Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Welcome to Author JR Stone's Blog

You were thinking that JR would be writing his own blog?  Nah, that would be left to a freelancer such as myself.  It's not that he's beneath the idea of writing his own blog, it's just that...well, he's a recluse and doesn't find that much about himself to be interesting.  I, on the other hand am a freelance writer and can find something interesting about ketchup if that is what the job requires.  So, when I was contacted by his management, I thought I would go for the job since I need to pay my electric bill. 

I thought that I would be meeting JR Stone either via phone or email at least but I thought wrong.  Instead, I was given a copy of his latest novel to read that is about to go to print.  In this "interview process" I was to read the novel and tell his management truthfully what I thought about it.  Okay, you get my dilemma.  I'm all about being supportive to other writers but by the same token, I wanted this gig.  I thought it would be interesting to offer my insight regarding this writer that no one seems to know but yet they do. 

So, I picked up "The Long Road to Extradition" and began reading.  I thought the novel was a dark subject yet offered laughter along the way.  It wasn't the least bit predictable.  I cried in several spots and I laughed out loud in others.  My heart ached and I wanted to cheer for Nicholas at the end.  Oops, maybe I gave too much away.  Anyway, I wrote down what I thought and emailed it to his people and I got the job.  Don't get me wrong.  I don't gush over most authors.  But this JR Stone...he's a helluva writer.  He's the kind that when you read his book, you'll be thinking about it days after and hoping that someone makes it into a movie. 

It's like I know Nicholas (the main character) personally.  And, I'm a better person because of it.  So here's to the beginning of the launch of "The Long Road to Extradition."  Just a freelance writer giving my opinions about this author I've never met and the stories he writes. 

JR will write some posts, but he will be busy getting the novel and publicity together with his management for the most part.  In any event, I am here to keep you, the reader abreast of all things JR Stone.  Questions?  drop him a line at AuthorJRStone@AOL.com .  Or better yet, visit him on Facebook:  www.facebook.com/AuthorJRStone , Twitter:  @AuthorJRStone

Til Next Time, The Freelance Writer

1 comment:

  1. I have read this book and it is a riveting read. Can't put it down.

    Linda Della Donna
    www.bookorbust.blogspot.com
    www.griefcase.net

    ReplyDelete